Live Active NI
Who are Live Active NI?
Live Active NI, the Community Interest Company of Disability Sport NI was established to offer active recreation opportunities to everyone in the community for improved health and well being.
More Active. More Often.
Live Active NI's regular programmes will aim to provide sustainable opportunities for a healthier lifestyle for everyone including:
- people with disabilities including people with mental health problems
- people with long term health conditions
- women and girls
- people from an ethnic minority background
- people in socially deprived areas.
To ensure sustainability of the programmes, Live Active NI will train staff and volunteers in running safe and effective programmes whilst developing communications channels and sharing of information to inform people of opportunities and educate people in the benefits of improved health and wellbeing.
Our GOGA programme
Through this project we will deliver a range of activities to increase participation in active recreation. This will include:
- Supporting inactive people to be more aware of active recreation opportunities and encouraging them to take practical steps to become active.
- Working with existing active recreation and leisure providers to support the development of inclusive programmes.
- Creating new sustainable active recreation opportunities that will fill gaps in existing provision.
- Organising an annual ‘Get Out Get Active’ day in each area designed to inspire more people to get active.
- Developing a network of trained volunteer activity leaders to support disabled and non-disabled people to be active together.
Check out our GOGA video here!